The Bottom Line
San Antonio's Six Flags Fiesta Texas has been one of Texas' top attractions since its inception. This massive theme park offers the only "floorless" roller coaster in the southwest, plus over 100 rides - including Tony Hawk's Big spin, shows, a waterpark and more.
- Traditional theme park and water park on one site.
- Age appropriate games and rides.
- Live entertainment, including shows, concerts and parades.
- Looney Toon character areas for kids.
- Getting around inside of park, especially at peak times, can be a chore.
- Located at 17000 IH-10 West
- Theme park, water park, shows, parades, and concerts
- Onsite dining
- Open weekends and some weekdays March through mid-May and Sept through Oct.
- Open daily mid-May through August
- General admission - $54.99/day; Children under 48" - $39.99; Children under 2 years - free. Parking - $15/day
- Season passes, group rates and VIP tours available
- Buy tickets online, at gate or call 210-697-5442.
Guide Review - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
In a city full of attractions, Six Flags Fiesta Texas still stands apart from the crowd. Few visitors leave San Antonio without stopping by for a day of fun at one of Texas' most popular theme parks.
Fiesta Texas' popularity is largely due to the fact it is a multifaceted theme park - offering park visitors the chance to experience everything from roller coasters to waterslides in a single day. But, of course, like any theme park, the big rides get most of the attention. And, at Fiesta Texas, there are plenty of eye-popping rides. The Superman Krypton Coaster, Tony Hawk's Big Spin, Poltergeist, and The Rattler are among the most popular thrill rides at Fiesta Texas.
However, for those looking for a little milder ride, Fiesta Texas offers plenty of family and kid appropriate rides. The Crow's Nest ferris wheel, Daffy's School Bus Express, Taz's Tornado, and Scooby Doo Ghostblasters are among the family favorites. Foghorn Leghorn's Barnyard Railway, Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagon, and Bugs' Whitewater Rapids are among the most popular rides for the little ones.
During the heat of summer, many park visitors rely on Fiesta Texas' onsite water park - White Water Bay - to keep cool. White Water Bay offers a variety of water rides ranging from mild to wild, so everyone in the family is assured a safe, fun experience.
Fiesta Texas also offers a full compliment of live entertainment, including shows, parades and concerts. And, from May 27 - Aug. 13, Fiesta Texas features a nightly fireworks and laser show beginning at 9 p.m.